Tuesday, August 10, 2010
Tech Tues in Aug "Tools for Back to School"
Tech Tues: 5:30pm-7:00pm August is “Back to School” month.
BASIC COMPUTER SKILLS (8/3/2010):
1. Getting Started with Windows XP
2. Working with the Desktop and Windows
3. Working with Files and Folders
4. Where to find Help
5. Customizing Windows XP (Control Panel)
6. Installing and Uninstalling Software Applications
7. Protecting Your PC (updates and security fixes)
MICROSOFT WORD (8/10/2010):
1. Getting Started with Word 2007
2. Creating a new Word Document
3. Formatting (changing the look of) a Document
4. Page Layout (orientation)
5. Spell & Grammar Checking and Printing your Word Documents
6. Inserting Graphics (images & photos)
7. Inserting Tables (rows/columns)
MICROSOFT EXCEL (8/17/2010):
1. Creating a Basic Worksheet (page)
2. Performing Calculations (Add up/Sum the Total of a Column, etc.)
3. Modifying a Worksheet
4. Formatting (changing the look of) a Worksheet
5. Printing a Workbook (all Worksheets in the Doc)
6. Managing Large Workbooks
GETTING AN A+ ON THAT LOCAL HISTORY PAPER- Basin History in a Hurry (8/24/2010):
1. What Info is there for Me To Use?
2. Searching for Old Photos
3. What is the OTJ (Outlaw Trail Journal) and how can I read it?
4. What kind of information is in the Uintah County Library History Series books?
5. A brief into/tour of the RHC (Regional History Center)
LEARN A TEST (8/31/2010): TEST PREP for
*CDL Written Test
*Nursing School Entrance Tests
*Nurse Aide, Dental Assnt, Radiography, CMA, PT Assnt Certs
*Journeyman or Master Plumber
*Journeyman or Master Electrician
*Real Estate Appraisal, Broker, & Salesperson Tests
*Practice Math, Reading, & Writing skills
Contact: Christopher 789-0091 x. 11 or firstname.lastname@example.org