BASIC COMPUTER SKILLS Sept 7th:
- Getting Started
- Working with the "desktop" and "windows"
- Working with files and folders
- Where to find help
- Customizing Windows using the Control Panel
- Installing and uninstalling software applications
- Protecting your PC (updates and security fixes).
MICROSOFT WORD Sept 14th:
- Getting Started with Word 2007
- Creating a new word document
- Formatting (changing the look of) a document
- Page layout (orientation)
- Spell & grammar checking and how to print
- Inserting images & photos
- Inserting tables (rows/columns).
MICROSOFT EXCEL Sept 21st:
- Creating a basic worksheet (page)
- Performing calculations (add up/sum the total of a column of numbers, etc.)
- Modifying a worksheet
- Formatting (changing the look of) a worksheet
- Managing large workbooks.
GETTING AN A+ ON YOUR UINTAH BASIN HISTORY PAPER Sept 28th:
- What info is there for me to use?
- Searching for old photos
- What is the OTJ (Outlaw Trail Journal) and how can I use it?
- The library publishes their own books?
- A brief into/tour of the RHC (Regional History Center).
OUR FACEBOOK PAGE: www.facebook.com/pages/Vernal-UT/Uintah-County-Library/176448267887?ref=ts
P.S. Good at digital scrapbooking? We want to teach this topic, but need volunteers to help.